6TH YEAR : ANNUAL LEGAL UPDATE, 13th January 2018, 8pm after Isha at Cheadle Mosque.
To be delivered by Nasir Hafezi, Solicitor, Stephen Lickrish and Associates.
This important update will cover many important legal matters that affect us both individually and as a community. It is key that we are aware of such changes so that we can manage them accordingly and speak out or tackle them as needed. Everyone of course is welcome and hot buffet provided.
- IMMIGRATION RULES – WHAT CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE TO SPOUSE VISAS?
- EMPLOYMENT LAW – WHAT ARE THE NEW GENDER PAY GAP RULES FOR BUSINESSES?
- POLICE POWERS – DO YOU KNOW THE LAW ON STOP AND SEARCH?
- MEDICAL ETHICS – SHOULD PRESUMED CONSENT BE THE BASIS OF ORGAN DONATION?
- SECURITY AND LIBERTY – HOW TO AND NOT TO PREVENT VIOLENT WAR AND TERROR?
- FAMILY LAW – WHO IS BETTER PROTECTED, COHABITING COUPLES OR MARRIED COUPLES?
- LAWS OF WAR – FOREIGN FIGHTERS – KILL, PROSECUTE OR REHABILITATE?
- HOUSING AND WELFARE LAW – ARE CHANGES TO BENEFIT RULES LEADING TO POVERTY OR PROSPERITY?
- VIRTUAL REALITY – SHOULD MY AVATAR BE SUBJECT TO LEGAL REGULATION?